Welcome to my blog!!

Welp, here goes.....not sure how I'll do at this but I'll give it a whirl! Hope you enjoy. "Yearning to be Average" has to do with my desire & goal to just be an average size person.

Thursday, February 10, 2011

There were treadmills as far as the eye could see......

So I went to Planet Fitness the other day and I survived.  Eh.  lol  Not surprisingly, I did see 3 people there that I knew.  Now, at 5 in the morning you don't look exactly bright-eyed and bushy-tailed and of course, that was when they decided they needed to take my picture for their I.D. system.  I imagine all the Planet Fitness employees sitting around in the evenings looking through their computer, guffawing at the pictures of people at 5 in the morning.

There were quite a few people there for being 5 in the morning...you have to remember I'm used to being one of maybe 3 people in my gym at a time.  There were probably 30 people in this gym.  I will say, however, it didn't feel overly crowded because everybody was spread out and there was a ton of treadmills, ellipticals, etc.  In my opinion, the weight section did not compare to my regular gym....while it had a sizable weight section, our gym has more free weights, machines, anything you can think of.  I guess it's known as more of an iron gym and now I understand why.  The emphasis here was definitely cardio. 

I was able to go in a corner by myself and get on the treadmill without feeling like too much of an outsider.  All in all it wasn't bad, my only complaint is the treadmills were too close together.  It was fine with me because nobody was on either side of me but during the peak times, I think my sweat would fall on the person next to me!  Then again I'm never there at peak times so hopefully there's never a huge rush of people wanting treadmills at 5 in the morning.

Each treadmill has a pad attached to the handle of it (picture it on the railing next to you) that allows you to change the channel on the TV, turn up the volume, etc. but as I was walking/running, my arm kept hitting it!  THAT was annoying.  lol

I had a mini panic attack while I was on the treadmill.....fairly often I end up having to go to the bathroom when I'm at the gym.  So I'm on the treadmill and thinking....man I need to go....oh no!  Where is the bathroom?  I don't want to get off the treadmill and go wandering around looking for the bathroom!  Fortunately I was able to finish my time and on my way out I spotted the bathrooms so I'm prepared for next time!

I was proud of myself for venturing out into a new gym....and without Jerry!  I was happy to go to my regular gym the next two days (the owner was on time today!) but am planning to make myself to go the new gym tomorrow morning so I can start to feel more comfortable.  At least I know for sure they'll be open.  I'm hoping to go at about 4:45 instead of 5....just 15 minutes may give me just the extra time I need in the morning.

1 comment: