Welcome to my blog!!

Welp, here goes.....not sure how I'll do at this but I'll give it a whirl! Hope you enjoy. "Yearning to be Average" has to do with my desire & goal to just be an average size person.

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Success!! ::doing the cabbage patch::

Okay so the 'switching it up' seemed to work!  I weighed in this morning, lost 4 more pounds.  That brings my total to 39 so far....only 11 away from my first goal and I'm thisclose to being halfway to my overall goal!  Woo-hooooooooooooo!!!

It was so funny..I weigh in as soon as I wake up.  Jerry was still in bed but knew this was weigh-in day....I think we were both nervous after last week's weigh-in where I didn't lose any weight.  I was nervous because I really wanted to see tangible results of my hard work, Jerry was nervous because he didn't want to listen to me whine again.  :)

So needless to say, we were both very excited (for different reasons!)  I guess the longer runs did pay off....I ended up doing 3 days in a row of long runs -- 41 minutes, 50 minutes, and 45 minutes!  Today I did go back to doing a 30-minute run but with the incline so I'm hoping to basically keep my body guessing.  I'll probably do the same tomorrow, then on early Sunday morning do a long run again.  (Saturday Isaiah has an early basketball game so no gym time then).

As I've said in other posts, Jerry is a great motivator and encourager to me.  This past week when I did those long runs, he told me, "See....you can basically do anything you want to.  There's no stopping you, you can run as long as you want.  Don't put limits on yourself, just keep up the good work."  I love him.  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment