Welcome to my blog!!

Welp, here goes.....not sure how I'll do at this but I'll give it a whirl! Hope you enjoy. "Yearning to be Average" has to do with my desire & goal to just be an average size person.

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Gut check time

So I weighed myself on Feb 17th after having weighed myself on Feb 6th....and for the first time since November, I didn't lose any weight.  Boo.  I know I've been fortunate to have had weight loss every single weigh-in but I can't deny that I was pretty bummed.  I know, I know, at least I didn't gain any weight, blah blah blah.  lol  You get spoiled though with losing 2-3 pounds every time you weigh in and like I said, I was disappointed. So I went and had a chocolate cake................

Haha!  Just kidding.  I did call Jerry to vent/whine (he'll say it was more whining, I'll say it was venting).  :)  He, like always, was encouraging and told me it was no big deal, that that will happen.  I've been doing strictly cardio for almost a month now and he assumed my body has just gotten used to the routine so it's time to switch it up. 

It's funny that the old patterns are definitely still there, below the surface and threatening to bubble up at any time.  When I weighed in my first thought was 'should I just give up and be happy with where I am now? I'm probably not going to lose any more weight, 35 pounds lost isn't so bad.'   Wow....what a wimp I am!?!  After a nice scolding from my hubby for even mentioning or thinking that, we decided to do just what he said and change it up a bit, both with my workouts & increasing my protein intake.

We had a period of warm weather for a few days and were able to get out and take a walk in the neighborhood in the afternoon.  That alone was nice for a change of pace.  The next day (Friday) after my annoying weigh-in, I went to the gym but did weights and then the elliptical.  Like I said, I hadn't done weights in a while but was glad to at least still be able to do the same amount as the last time I had done them.  I also did a short time on the elliptical, hoping that hitting my muscles in different ways than on the treadmill will give me the change I need to keep losing.  He also told me that just means I'll have to increase my time on the treadmill as well as the resistance/incline. 

As I've said before, the gym we go to is not a high-class gym, it's not crowded, it's not the place to be.  Sometimes the heat doesn't work, sometimes they're late, etc.  Well yesterday we went together to the gym and the heat wasn't working....I didn't mind that though because I get so hot anyway. AND the incline on my normal treadmill wasn't working correctly.  I was worried about not getting as good of a workout but decided to just increase my time and speed to try and make up for not having the incline. (Yes I could've run on a different treadmill but Jerry's theory was maybe it will be good for me to do a 'flat' run for a couple days, then go back to doing one with an incline, for a little change).  The longest I've run before was 33.5 minutes I believe.....yesterday I ran for 41 minutes!  AND my speed was WAY up.   I felt great, it was one of those days where you feel like you could run forever. Today I ran for 50 MINUTES!  I ran for over 4.5 miles and burned (supposedly) 635 calories (I know sometimes treadmills might not be the most accurate but even if it's close -- WOW). Woo-hoo!!  

I'm taking the day off work tomorrow.....I've got a couple events at work this weekend and haven't had much time off, plus Isaiah's off school tomorrow so it'll be a great day to take off.  I'll probably hit the weights and do some type of cardio, possibly a different treadmill so I can get the benefit of the incline again until they fix 'my' treadmill. 

Here's hoping my results on Thursday (Feb 24th) are better! I guess at that point we'll know if I switched it up enough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment