Welcome to my blog!!

Welp, here goes.....not sure how I'll do at this but I'll give it a whirl! Hope you enjoy. "Yearning to be Average" has to do with my desire & goal to just be an average size person.

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Fit Fam

So I follow quite a few fitness Instagram accounts and they always refer to their 'fitfam'....or Fitness Family.  Basically fellow fitness enthusiasts, etc.  My son would probably be mortified at me using the term 'fitfam' but it's what's on my mind today....

I went to the gym this morning for the first time in a LONG time.  I mean, according to my notebook, I haven't done weights since June.  :(   I have been to the gym more recently than that but it was for cardio. 

I hate the way I feel right now - lethargic, chubby, weak, clothes too tight, etc.   So today when my alarm went off, I actually got up and went!  I said enough is enough...the only way I'm going to feel better is to get back in my routine.

I'm so happy I did - I ran just over a mile and then did plank and the glute machines.  Didn't wanna kill myself first day back in a while but I felt great just for getting there!  Will be posting some current pics soon as I want to track my progress.  I need/want to lose about 25 pounds so I began recording weekly weigh-ins again like I used to, as of today.  The stupid thing is, I KNOW how to do this, I KNOW how to lose weight and get fit - I've done it already!  I've just been lazy....and honestly, there was probably some effects of the divorce, etc. going on as well.  But I am motivated (finally) to get back on track!

My 'fitfam' at the gym was wonderful - saw so many familiar faces - at 4am, it's a pretty faithful crew.  So many of them came up to me and told me how happy they were to see me, that they had missed me and encouraged me to come every day again.  There's never judgment, as they can all relate to 'falling off the wagon'.  So great to have people who understand you, especially at 4am.  Haha! 



No comments:

Post a Comment