Welcome to my blog!!

Welp, here goes.....not sure how I'll do at this but I'll give it a whirl! Hope you enjoy. "Yearning to be Average" has to do with my desire & goal to just be an average size person.

Monday, January 20, 2014

If you can't say something nice.....

The truth hurts!  Not all the time but sometimes for sure.  And definitely this morning.  Haha!

I went to the gym on Saturday, slept in yesterday (oopsie), and went again this morning to do legs & back.  I will NOT be able to walk the rest of the week, I believe! 

Anyway this morning I saw a woman I haven't seen in a while; the days I have been at the gym recently, she wasn't there at the same time.  So this morning I smiled & waved to her and she came up and gave me a hug.  I felt bad as I was sweaty (typical).  lol  Anyway she said it was great to see me and asked how I was.  I said thanks and said I was doing great, just trying to get back in the routine, that I had gotten lazy and gained some weight back.  She said, "Yeah, you can tell...."  ::crickets:: 

Haha!  Thankfully, I am not easily offended...at least not anymore.  Having 2 older brothers will cure you of that.  And truthfully, she's right.  I figured other people must be able to tell because I can feel the difference - in my clothes, and just how I feel. Perhaps to people I see all the time, they might not be able to tell but to someone I haven't seen in a few months, they can definitely tell. 

So what do you do with comments like that.....the old me (I mean way back in 2009-2010), would've been seriously bummed out over that and probably eaten something I shouldn't.  Now I will (hopefully) just use it as motivation to get my butt back in gear. 

I need to lose about 20 lbs, quite honestly, to get back to my best shape.  Not that it has to be exactly 20 lbs but right around there....I'm disappointed in myself because last year around this time or in February, I felt so strong physically.  I don't feel that right now but I also have hope because I know how to do this, I know I can get back there. 

First step to accomplishing this:  stop buying Oreos for Isaiah.  lol

No comments:

Post a Comment