Welcome to my blog!!

Welp, here goes.....not sure how I'll do at this but I'll give it a whirl! Hope you enjoy. "Yearning to be Average" has to do with my desire & goal to just be an average size person.

Thursday, January 23, 2014

I'm on a roll...

So I've been to the gym Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday (today) this week!  Small victories add up!  And the only reason I didn't go on Wednesday was because we had some snow and I needed to get the driveway cleared for us to go to school/work. 

Monday, as I said in my last post, I did legs and back.  I knew I would be hurting badly from doing that since it had been so long and WOW was I right.  I am still feeling the effects today, 3 days later!  I know it won't be like this every time, as long as I keep up with my routine! 

Today I did cardio and my legs felt like tree trunks on the treadmill (how's that for some alliteration!?) They felt pretty tight even before I went to the gym so I attempted to loosen them up on the bike before going on the treadmill.  It didn't help much. haha

I did, however, do about 25 mins on the treadmill; I mixed it up a bit, did a nice, easy run, then some interval running (raise the incline & speed), then a walk at a high incline.  I try and change it up so I'm not just running flat each time I do the treadmill, especially since I'm trying to lose weight.

I can tell I'm getting back in a good routine at the gym, I'm already antsy to go tomorrow -- and that's saying something because tomorrow is chest & shoulders day (shoulders is my least favorite!)

No comments:

Post a Comment