Welcome to my blog!!

Welp, here goes.....not sure how I'll do at this but I'll give it a whirl! Hope you enjoy. "Yearning to be Average" has to do with my desire & goal to just be an average size person.

Monday, January 27, 2014

In this corner....weighing one pound less than last week....

Ok so I am back to my weigh-ins every 2 weeks like I did when I first started my weight loss journey.  I have found that is the best 'weigh' to do it for me (haha I'm a dork).  I am often tempted to weigh myself every day to see if the scale is moving down....and sometimes, I will admit, I do take a sneak peek before weigh-in day.  But once I have my mind set to doing weigh-ins every 2 weeks, I'm pretty good about it.  It's almost fun to work your butt off and hope to see results at the end of that 2 week period.  It also keeps me somewhat honest with regards to my workouts and food choices, knowing that day is coming.  I have always done weigh-ins on Thursdays; I'm not sure why, that's just how I've done it.  So I weighed myself on Jan 9th (YIKES) and for the next week, I did go to the gym maybe once and did somewhat awful with my food choices.  The next week I buckled down and got fully back into my routine.

I weighed myself on Thursday, Jan 23rd and was down a pound.  That's a good thing since really, I had only been back on my program for one week.  Next weigh-in is Thursday, Feb. 6th so I'm hoping for good results then.  I also pay attention to how my clothes fit -- my pants have all been tight, to the point I can't even wear my black dress pants to work right now.  So I will monitor that as well; I can't wait to be able to wear all my regular clothes again!  I've just been going back & forth between the one pair of jeans that fit me and my leggings.  I have cute stuff that I can't wear and that's annoying!  Haha

PS - just a note, still doing great at the gym, I went Saturday AND Sunday and then did legs & back this morning.  :)  And my food choices have been really good too.  Only thing that was somewhat of a 'cheat' was my mashed potatoes & baked mac & cheese (small portion) with my tilapia from Ruby Tuesday on Saturday night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment