Welcome to my blog!!

Welp, here goes.....not sure how I'll do at this but I'll give it a whirl! Hope you enjoy. "Yearning to be Average" has to do with my desire & goal to just be an average size person.

Thursday, July 11, 2013

The year from hell - time to celebrate?!

Not to beat a dead horse but it hit me recently, when I sat down and mentally noted everything I had been through in the last year or 14 months, it really was a year from hell! 

January 2012: Jerry wanted a divorce; changed his mind
January 2012:  Three days later, my dad died
February 2012: Rookie, our beloved Boston Terrier died
March 2012:  Jerry wanted a divorce; changed his mind
April 2012: Jerry got an apartment; changed his mind
June 2012:  Jerry moved out for 4 days
July 2012: Jerry moved out for a week
August 2012: Jerry moved out for 3 weeks
January 2013: Jerry moved out for good
March 2013: Max, our other Boston Terrier died
March 2013:  Poppy, Jerry's dad, died

Ugghhh!!  So why am I telling you all this?  In a way, to celebrate - that, after going through all that loss & pain for so long, I am still basically at the same weight I was, only about a 5-6 pound difference!  That is remarkable to me, given my history with food and 'eating my feelings', etc. 

I'm not saying all this to pat myself on the back, it is only by the grace of God that I have made it through.....there were days I didn't want to get out of bed, let alone go work out and go to work, and smile at people when I didn't feel like smiling. 

My point is - if I can do it, you can do it!  Keep your head up but stay on your knees (in prayer!)

No comments:

Post a Comment