Welcome to my blog!!

Welp, here goes.....not sure how I'll do at this but I'll give it a whirl! Hope you enjoy. "Yearning to be Average" has to do with my desire & goal to just be an average size person.

Friday, July 29, 2011

"Well, you're not pregnant."

Hahaha!  More about that in a minute....

Had weigh-in, lost 3 more!  68 total so far and 2 away from 70!!  I'm also only about 6 pounds away from weighing less than Jerry.  Heehee!  Not that I'll rub it in his face or anything.  :)

So let me tell you about my morning!  I headed to the gym at my normal time this morning, got there just before 4:30.  Today was weights day so I did squats like normal, then onto bench press.  After my 3rd set of doing bench press, I went to sit up (pretty quickly?) and got REALLY dizzy.  I mean, the room was spinning, I started sweating buckets, turned white as a ghost dizzy.  I steadied myself on the weight machine and sat down for a minute, drank some water, hoping I'd feel better in a minute.  I didn't.  The room slowed down spinning but I still felt gross.  I started to get up to go to the bathroom but felt like I couldn't make it without stumbling so I sat back down and called Jerry (he was home getting ready for work).  He told me to drink some water and if I felt up to it, come on home so I did.  I was able to drive home just fine, though still feeling lousy and now nauseous, still sweating.

I got home and threw up in the driveway, went inside and laid down.  Jerry took my blood pressure right away (one of the bonuses of having a paramedic for a husband!)  and it was low...I mean like 104 over something.  (obviously I'm not a medical person).  lol  He was a bit concerned but had me lay down and drink some more water.   I threw up again (hope I'm not grossing you out too much!).  After a bit he checked my blood pressure again and it was still the same, I was still pale and throwing up.  I knew when he kept coming in to check on me he was concerned so he said we should go to the hospital.  So off we went.....again, a bonus of having a paramedic who everyone knows as a husband....we got right in.  Although I will say, there was noone in the waiting room either.  Haha! 

To make a long story short (too late!), they ran tests, including a pregnancy, which is standard, of course.  It was funny when the doc came in and said, "Well, you're not pregnant."  Jerry & I chuckled, thinking to ourselves, DUH!!  lol   They did an EKG, a CAT SCAN (is that how you spell it?)  lol and blood work.  They think it was a combination of things.....I had a UTI (without symptoms!), was dehydrated, possibly from the UTI, and that caused my blood pressure to drop, which made me dizzy, sweaty, almost pass out, etc.  They also brought up the possibility of it being vertigo. They gave me 2 units of fluids through an IV and an antibiotic and sent me on my merry way.  While there my blood pressure did come back to normal levels.  When they did the EKG, they said it looked great.  Jerry said my heartrate was really good, it was like that of an athlete -- I think I beamed.  lol  Made me feel like my hard work is paying off!

Talk about a scary morning!  I have to say I was so proud of Jerry, now I see why people always tell me what a good medic he is.  I trust him with my life.  <3 I'm taking tomorrow off from the gym because Isaiah has a game in the morning and I could use the rest.  I'm hoping my next trip to the gym won't be as adventurous!

No comments:

Post a Comment