Welcome to my blog!!

Welp, here goes.....not sure how I'll do at this but I'll give it a whirl! Hope you enjoy. "Yearning to be Average" has to do with my desire & goal to just be an average size person.

Monday, July 25, 2011

Weekend getaways and can I just say?!?

Isaiah had his North Atlantic Regional Tournament (for baseball) this past weekend. Naturally, any interruption to your regular routine is tough but I managed pretty well!  I left after work on Thursday for Springfield, MA ....I had already gone to the gym that morning.   We stayed in Springfield until Sunday morning.  I did run in the hotel fitness center on both Friday & Saturday mornings!  I used Sunday as a day off since we were leaving that morning anyway.  I was proud of myself for sticking to my workout routine...I certainly didn't run as long as I usually do (I usually do about 35 minutes on the treadmill and 10 on the elliptical).  I ran for 20-25 minutes both days but I was happy with that.  Can I just say....do they purposely put the loudest treadmills in hotel fitness centers?  Talk about making you self-conscious!  The treadmill I use at our gym is a normal-sounding treadmill...but both the ones I've used at hotels sounds like you must weigh 300 pounds and have the heaviest footsteps!  Thank goodness I was by myself for most of the time.

Of course, food is always tougher on the road as well but we did bring our normal breakfast stuff - hot cereal, protein shakes, etc. Dinner I was a little more lenient but nothing crazy. On Friday Isaiah and I met my friend Nikki at Red Robin and I had a grilled chicken sandwich with some fries.  Not the whole serving though!  The night before we had gone to Longhorn Steakhouse with a lot of our 'baseball parent' friends.  We had a great time!  I had parmesan-crusted chicken -- probably not the best possible choice because of the parmesan & cheese but again, I only ate about 1/2 of the serving so I told myself that was okay (it is okay, right?)  Haha!  On a sidenote, can I just say I didn't know Longhorn was that expensive?!?  (to my stingy self anyway I thought it was). 

Today was back to the grind, Jerry & I headed to the gym this morning and I had a good weight workout.  Some days I just don't feel like doing weights and last week I was pretty grumpy when doing them....today I felt much better and did well. 

Weigh-in is this Thursday the 28th.....hoping for at least 3 pounds.  (I'd be fine with 2 as well, just really 'yearning' to get to 70 lbs lost!)  I'm at 65 right now.  :)  Will keep you posted!! 

P.S.  Forgot to mention Isaiah's team did well, they won their first 2 games, then lost their next 2.  All in all, they finished 3rd out of 10 teams, I believe.  Not too shabby! 

1 comment:

  1. Awesome job working out at the hotel! Impressive. Were the treadmills as loud as ours? Did pictures fall over while you ran? ;)
    You can have that wonderful experience again in just a few weeks!

    Sounds like you did well on the eating, too. Portion control is a big factor. You HAVE to treat yourself sometimes! The key is to not go overboard.

    Glad it was a good weekend for everyone involved, and you won't be leaving the country.
    love ya!

    ReplyDelete