Welcome to my blog!!

Welp, here goes.....not sure how I'll do at this but I'll give it a whirl! Hope you enjoy. "Yearning to be Average" has to do with my desire & goal to just be an average size person.

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Checking in...'real quick'

My dad always used to tease me because I would use the phrase 'real quick' often without realizing it. For instance, I would say "I'm going to practice piano real quick" or "I've gotta talk to Gabi real quick."  Not sure why, I'm just a weirdo.

Anyway....I do want to give a 'real quick' check-in as I'm at work and swamped. 

I've been doing REALLY well with my food choices and eating lately, been very strict about eating every 2-3 hours and eating only healthy stuff or watching my intake of anything not-so-healthy. We were at Lynn's (Nick & Sarah's mom) for a bit Saturday afternoon and they ordered pizza but I only had 1 slice.

My workouts have not been so great - been very sporadic again although when I do have them, they are good workouts overall.  My runs have not been great, I really need to build back up to longer distances.  Physically I'm sure I could do more, it's the mental block that is holding me back.  If I can break through that just one time it would make a huge difference.

The cold weather (it was 4* this morning!) doesn't help either, not very enticing to go outside at 4 in the morning on a day like today.

I'm aiming to go tomorrow though.   I am down 11 pounds though so that is great!

2 comments:

  1. Have you thought about registering for a longer race? I could never get past the 6 mile mark until I signed up for a half-marathon. Then, the thought of doing 13 (and the $100 I shelled out) helped push me past that mental roadblock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have, Allison - actually was in training last year for a half and then Jerry hurt his knee so that kinda sidetracked my training. We were up to 11 miles at that point (Jerry has already done a couple half's). Anyhoo....that's a great idea, I always seem to do better with a concrete goal in mind. Haven't run outside in a long time, so much easier to do longer distances outside than on the treadmill! Hopefully with a little warmer weather I can hit the road (literally). Haha!

    ReplyDelete