Welcome to my blog!!

Welp, here goes.....not sure how I'll do at this but I'll give it a whirl! Hope you enjoy. "Yearning to be Average" has to do with my desire & goal to just be an average size person.

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New year.....new motivation?

Happy New Year!  I had a quiet NYE myself, Jerry was at the firehouse so Isaiah and I munched on my friend Anita's dip recipe (2 cans Hormel chili - no beans, 1 block of cream cheese and diced jalapenos.  Mix together, put shredded taco mix cheese on top, bake in oven at 350* for approx 40 mins). YUMMY!! Not necessarily a healthy treat but it's soooo good!  I was in bed by 9pm.  Haha!

As I've said in a previous post, my weight-loss journey has been a little sidetracked for quite a while.  I've still gone to the gym but it's much more sporadic and my food choices haven't been great.

Not sure why, but a new year always gives you great motivation, a desire for a fresh start.  I want to lose 20-25 pounds (15 of which I had gained back) and tone up a LOT more.  I've been hitting weights really well lately and am working on the food thing.  I don't eat terribly, just not the best snack choices at home sometimes. 

So I'm back on the straight & narrow and have asked Jerry to really push me and keep me accountable.  He's already begun as he took away some of my spicy sweet potato fries last night. Lol

Here's to 2013 - it's GOT to be better than 2012.  Only way to go is up.  Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment