Welcome to my blog!!

Welp, here goes.....not sure how I'll do at this but I'll give it a whirl! Hope you enjoy. "Yearning to be Average" has to do with my desire & goal to just be an average size person.

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Tag Team-ing it Up!

It's always nice to have a workout partner....someone who enjoys the same things you do, who pushes you and motivates you.  I will say, even though Jerry wasn't the *best* husband (haha), he was a great workout partner.  I've gotten used to doing runs on my own and workouts in the last year and a half.  To the point it seems normal to me.  My boyfriend Rob, is not a runner.  And that is fine!  He and I have a lot in common -- I had lost 85 lbs, he had lost 70 lbs around the same time I did, though we didn't know each other at the time.

So we can totally relate to each other and to the struggles with boredom eating, not working out, getting stuck in a rut, etc.  Since we began dating, we have both gained some weight back....I like to attribute that to the fact that I am happy.  Haha.  Generally speaking, I am happy....with many areas of my life.  I think to the point that I got content...and lazy...and relaxed.  Too much!  He has done the same thing.  It creeps up on you, until you notice your jeans are too tight, shirts are a little snug, etc.

He told me he had gained weight and he was concerned I wouldn't be happy with how he looked...truth be told, I didn't realize he had gained weight until I saw an older picture of him from when we first started dating and I realized it was true.  Same for me - although I already knew it because of how my clothes fit.  Oh and the scale.  Haha!

For just over a week now, Rob has been back in his healthy eating routine and working out.  He is an extremely competitive person -- I mean college scholarship level tennis player when he was in high school competitive.  He is super focused when there is something he wants to do.  That can be good and bad.  For this purpose, it is good!  We live about 25 mins apart so we really can't work out together too often....but we are both using My Fitness Pal and are friends on there so we really keep each other accountable that way.  It's nice to have someone to share this part of my life with; especially him.  <3

No comments:

Post a Comment