Welcome to my blog!!

Welp, here goes.....not sure how I'll do at this but I'll give it a whirl! Hope you enjoy. "Yearning to be Average" has to do with my desire & goal to just be an average size person.

Thursday, June 27, 2013

For 'slack' of a better word...

I've been slacking!  No beating around the bush, I'm a slacker.  Gahh!  My workouts have not been regular AT ALL, my food choices have not been great AT ALL.  Time to get back on the ball! Hey I'm a poet and didn't know it!  lol

Only good thing is I've only gained about 5-6 lbs which is good I suppose, considering my lack of regular workouts and the amount of Spicy Buffalo Wheat Thins I've consumed.  Those are definitely my kryptonite!

I did get in a quick run yesterday at the gym but felt how un-conditioned I was.  I'm actually looking forward to buckling down, so to speak, and getting back in my routine.  It won't take much to get back to where I was -- still pretty much hold steady at -85 lbs lost usually. 

This time of year is dangerous at work - thankfully, it's not Greek Festival time which means a food temptation.  But it's dangerous because it's SO quiet and - I dare say it - boring at times. lol  So that means I want to snack more.  But I don't bring bad things with me to eat, which is good, but eating too often is not good either.  I typically try and eat a healthy snack every 2.5 hours or so. 

So to battle that, I'm trying to drink more water than usual.  Yesterday I drank almost 60 oz at work alone - and keep in mind, I only work about 5 hours a day so that's pretty good I think!  Plus that will help me with wanting to snack.

Will keep you posted - chest & shoulders tomorrow along with a quick interval run on the treadmill.  That will usually jumpstart weight-loss for me as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment