Welcome to my blog!!

Welp, here goes.....not sure how I'll do at this but I'll give it a whirl! Hope you enjoy. "Yearning to be Average" has to do with my desire & goal to just be an average size person.

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

All byyyy myself.....(sung like Celine Deion)

So I've been doing pretty good with my workouts and AWESOME with my food choices!  Woo-hoo!!  Not saying everything is all of a sudden easy or grand but I feel good physically at least.  I'm feeling the pain today walking because I did a great legs/back workout yesterday.  Because of the blizzard we had over the weekend, Isaiah was off school Monday & Tuesday....poor munchkin though, he still had to wake up early yesterday (compared to sleeping in until noon) for an orthodontist appointment.  Haha. 

Anyway I did have some extra time for my workout so I spent longer than usual at the gym and did all my sets, no skipping anything!  I even did plank, which I'm supposed to do every workout but sometimes skip.  lol  I can definitely feel it in my legs/butt. 

My runs lately, as I've said, have been a lot shorter than they used to be.  Part of that is the mental torture I put myself through while running - i.e. thinking of Jerry and where he is, what he's done, etc. but also it's hard for me to do long distances on treadmills.  And the weather has not been very cooperative to run outside. 

That being said, I'm going to take Allison's advice and look for a half marathon to do!  I think it would be huge for me personally to step out on my own and do this race 'all by myself.'  For so long throughout this journey I have been dependent on Jerry as my trainer and cheerleader - and don't get me wrong, he was a great trainer in that aspect.  But I need to learn to be motivated on my own and be more independent. 

I'm thinking possibly late spring or fall - I know there's one in Hartford in October, the normal one but I don't know if I want to wait that long.  I could look for one in April or May, I saw one more local in April but it's the same weekend as Nick's graduation from Basic Training.  I'm going to look in more detail for one to sign up for and commit to.  Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Hooray! So glad you're going to do a half. It's my favorite distance by far, and signing up for one always makes me train better. I have to have a goal!

    ReplyDelete