Welcome to my blog!!

Welp, here goes.....not sure how I'll do at this but I'll give it a whirl! Hope you enjoy. "Yearning to be Average" has to do with my desire & goal to just be an average size person.

Monday, October 17, 2011

Sometimes life gets in the way....

Sorry I haven't posted much....been a little hectic around here.  So I did end up losing 3 pounds when I weighed myself on October 6th.  Do I know myself or what!?  lol  That was the day we were heading to Florida in the afternoon so I wanted a number to go off before I left....that makes 78 total.  While in Florida I did pretty well with food and maintained my weight.  We were able to run 3 out of the 4 mornings I was there, including a 5k in Tampa on Saturday morning.  Friday morning, we ran on the beach with Isaiah.  That had been a dream of mine, to run with Jerry on the beach, I'm so thankful we were able to do it.  He said that he has always hoped for things the way they are now, to be able to work out together, go on runs together, etc. 

I tried new things in Florida - I've always been kinda 'eh' about seafood but we went to a nice restaurant - The Oyster Bar - while there and I actually had tilapia for dinner!  It was parmesan-crusted so I'm sure that helped.  lol  I tried Jerry's shrimp & scallops as well and liked them!  We're planning to cook a similar meal here at home soon.

We just found out about a 5-mile race in Waterbury in November, on Gerard's birthday, actually.  I think we're going to run it!  Jerry just did his first half-marathon on Saturday and did great.  I'm going to begin training for a half-marathon, hoping to run one in Brooklyn with him in May.  I'm finding it's fun to look for races to do together.  We're also looking to take swim lessons in the winter at the YMCA.  I've never had formal lessons and Jerry wants a refresher.  We figure maybe that's a good way to get a little taste of summer during the colder months.

Hoping to lose 2 pounds by my next weigh-in this week - that will put me at 80 pounds! 

No comments:

Post a Comment