Welcome to my blog!!

Welp, here goes.....not sure how I'll do at this but I'll give it a whirl! Hope you enjoy. "Yearning to be Average" has to do with my desire & goal to just be an average size person.

Friday, October 21, 2011

Getting there!

Just a quick update.....lost 2 more pounds when I weighed in on Thursday, that makes me offiicially at 80 pounds lost!!  I'm into a new 'decade' of numbers as well so it's very exciting.  :) 

I feel like this week I've been back on track - the vacations are done, the interruptions are done and this week I've been able to hit the weights on the days I'm scheduled to without missing any and I got my runs in.  Tomorrow morning I'm planning a longer run, hopefully 65 minutes.  We're planning to run in a 5-mile race on Nov. 20th (Gerard's birthday) so I want to make sure I'm ready for that.  I'm pretty confident I am because of my long weekend runs but I normally have a bathroom break during my runs so I want to be sure I can do it.

After that I'll begin training for a half-marathon.  (YIKES!)  There is one in Brooklyn in May that Jerry thinks I can be ready for. 

We're almost to a full year since I started this journey....hard to believe November 4th, 2010 was my first weigh-in and how much things have changed in that relatively short time.  I'm excited though!

No comments:

Post a Comment