Welcome to my blog!!

Welp, here goes.....not sure how I'll do at this but I'll give it a whirl! Hope you enjoy. "Yearning to be Average" has to do with my desire & goal to just be an average size person.

Saturday, October 1, 2011

The good....the bad....*sigh* and I guess....the ugly

When I started this blog I said I would post the good, the bad, and the ugly....this last 2 weeks I suppose, was the ugly.  I didn't gain weight which is a bonus....but I didn't lose either.  I was disappointed but not shocked.  Between that time of the month, stress at work & other life stresses, I had a rough 2 weeks.  I still did great workouts and had good runs, but I could tell the difference in my food choices.  I didn't eat horribly -- then again, I never really do -- it's just I didn't make the best choices. 

Lesson # 1:  I cannot buy Kettle Cooked chips!!  They are EVIL!!  lol  I can count out my portion size and have some but then I cannot stop!  So it's better to just not have them available to me.  (By the way, this is a lesson I've learned previously as well but obviously didn't learn that well.) This time I know for CERTAIN: kettle cooked chips + me trying to lose weight does NOT = weight loss for me. lol 

Lesson # 2:  I need to find other/better ways to handle stress than through food choices.  That is something I used to do, both with stress and boredom.  I need to choose a different path, maybe take a walk, do some lunges, jumping jacks, anything!  It used to be when I was stressed, I'd play piano to take my mind off stuff...it worked beautifully.  But we don't have a piano...and believe it or not, the church I work at does not have a piano either (isn't that weird!?!)  So I need to consciously make other choices in that regard.

I'm certain this next 2 weeks will have better results.....that seems to be a pattern for me over these last 11 months (I'm almost to a year -- November 4, 2010 was my first official weigh-in!)  I have a rough 2 weeks, then my next weigh-in I'll lose 2-3 pounds.  I'm hoping that happens this time. 

We're heading to Florida next week for a quick trip...normally vacation might be a concern with falling off the wagon as far as food goes...but I have a secret weapon with me:  Jerry!  lol  He will keep me on the straight and narrow, for sure, so I'm thankful.

I'll keep you posted! 

No comments:

Post a Comment