Welcome to my blog!!

Welp, here goes.....not sure how I'll do at this but I'll give it a whirl! Hope you enjoy. "Yearning to be Average" has to do with my desire & goal to just be an average size person.

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Zoo-eee Mama!

(Hopefully you've seen Diary of a Wimpy Kid).  lol

So I went to zumba tonight and had a great time!  It was a new class at a sports-type place here in town, sometimes during the winter Isaiah's baseball team would practice indoors there.  Of course, during the summer business is slower so they've begun adding zumba classes on Friday nights.  Fridays have been no good for me as Isaiah has had baseball games most Friday nights the past few months.

Tonight was their first Tuesday class....I went with my friend Lisa from baseball and Isaiah's 6th grade homeroom teacher (also a baseball mom on a younger team in town), was there too!  Our instructor was a newbie as well.  There were about 10 of us in the class so not many opportunities to hide (ha!).  I definitely got a good workout and sweated buckets, as per usual for me.  One positive thing, I got a good workout but I can tell such a difference in my cardio fitness from the last time I did zumba...I was sweating and getting my heart rate up but I was not winded.  I enjoyed it and am planning to go back Thursday for another class. 

I did weights this morning at the gym, then zumba, of course, tonight. Tomorrow is a regular run day for me...I guess we'll see tomorrow if I have any effects from doing zumba the night before a run. 

Totally off-topic but one thing that is encouraging me.....when I started this journey, I stated some goals I had....to be an 'average' size, to run a 5k, to lose 80-90 pounds.  As I look back on that post, I realize how close I am to reaching those goals!  I've lost 61 pounds to date, I've run one 5k  and would like to do more (still have the big one to go in September!), and am moving down in my clothing sizes.  More importantly, I am in much better health than I was 8 months ago....and that is what I have told Jerry all along....I didn't want to just lose the weight, I wanted to become more healthy.  I'm excited to see that happening! 

No comments:

Post a Comment