Welcome to my blog!!

Welp, here goes.....not sure how I'll do at this but I'll give it a whirl! Hope you enjoy. "Yearning to be Average" has to do with my desire & goal to just be an average size person.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Here goes nothing!

Where do I even begin?  Long ago on a beautiful fall day, a baby girl was born......okay, I kid, I kid.  I guess we'll see how this goes, I may stink at this and you may be bored.  Or I may even be bored by my boring self.  :)

I thought it was a great idea to copy off one of my best friends Terri (see her blog here: Terri's blog ) and put down in writing what my goals are, how I'm doing with those goals, and maybe some highlights (and lowlights?) of my journey to an 'average' me! (Average as opposed to overweight/obese).

My entire life I've been somewhat overweight (as a child), to severely overweight/obese? as an adult.  My breaking point(s) came at the end of the summer in 2010.  Breaking point # 1: We took a vacation to Florida to see my in-laws and while there I just did NOT feel well.  Much of the visit I was tired, felt like my blood sugar was dropping if I didn't eat, etc.  That started to scare me. 

Breaking point # 2:  My son Isaiah went to the World Series in Brooklyn with his baseball team towards the end of July 2010.  At the end of the World Series (THEY WON THE WHOLE THING!!), we all took celebratory pictures with our kids & their trophies, etc.  And it's cliche, yes, but when I uploaded the pics I was horrified at how I looked!  For some reason you never look that overweight/fat in your head. 

So those are 2 of my biggest motivators.....of course I didn't get started with my fitness routine full-steam until November but that's neither here nor there.  Ha!

I will go into more of my motivations another day, don't want to bore you to death on my first post! 
Thanks for reading, I hope to be encouraged by starting this blog & maybe even encourage you in some way.

4 comments:

  1. Yay!! I'm super excited to follow your progress!! Go Carrie!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo Hoo! Glad to see that you are blogging, too! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Follow me too...I'm following you! :-)

    ReplyDelete