Welcome to my blog!!

Welp, here goes.....not sure how I'll do at this but I'll give it a whirl! Hope you enjoy. "Yearning to be Average" has to do with my desire & goal to just be an average size person.

Thursday, November 17, 2011

The day after Christmas letdown

Okay so not much new to report here, still in my routine of working out, etc.  After my one-year-iversary though it was kind of a letdown, to be honest.  It's kinda like I said, "oh wow - guess I do have to keep on working out, stay in my routine, etc."  lol  I love it now though, am addicted to running and working out.  I never thought I'd say that!

My weight is still the same, haven't been as strict the past couple weeks but it was kind of nice to have a break.  I'm still working out, as I said, but I let myself relax a bit.  I'm ready to get back in full-force though. 

Jerry's been in Florida this week but I've done fairly well without my trainer....except for those Cape Cod chips that magically appeared in my pantry.  Heehee!  He'll be home tomorrow afternoon and then on Sunday (his birthday), we're running that 5-mile road race in Waterbury.  I'm looking forward to it!

Minor setback the past week or so, had some tightness in my hamstring....right behind the knee, it's right where the hamstring attaches I guess.  I felt it in a nagging way while Jerry and I ran 8 miles last Tuesday (the 8th) and it really bothered me after that. So much so that I was even walking with a slight limp.  We've been stretching it a lot, resting it and changing up my cardio.  I've done more on the elliptical and bike than I usually do.  That's great and all but still very frustrating for me.  I did try and run this past Sunday and ran for a bit but it was still bothering me.  I will say the past day or two it's felt better, still not 100% but much better than it was!  I'm hoping the rest I've given it will enable to me to do okay on Sunday.

That's it for now!  Will hopefully have some pics from the run on Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment