Welcome to my blog!!

Welp, here goes.....not sure how I'll do at this but I'll give it a whirl! Hope you enjoy. "Yearning to be Average" has to do with my desire & goal to just be an average size person.

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Stress = FAIL

How well do you handle stress?  Do you use it as motivation to work out even harder?  Apparently, I don't.  :(  lol   I've had a LOT of stress the past few months....and while I've still been going to the gym fairly regularly, I have found a character flaw in myself that obviously needs to be addressed.   When I'm super stressed, I usually avoid going to the gym.  That is the worst thing I can do....that is the time I NEED to be there, letting out my frustrations and pushing through.  This past week I have been to the gym ONE time.  Last Sunday.  Today is Saturday.  Oopsie. 

I am off to the gym this morning for what will hopefully a productive, therapeutic run on the treadmill.  I have spent much time in prayer this morning and, while I still have that nagging stress in the back of my mind, I feel ready to take on the treadmill. 

I realize logically that during times like these, the best thing I can do is to go to the gym (aside from the obvious other choices - pray, etc.)  I mean as opposed to staying home in bed.

This way I have dealt with stress (by avoiding the gym) is central to what caused my weight problems in the first place - laziness, not handling stress well, making poor food choices, etc. The only positive aspect is I haven't gained weight.  I've maintained which is a minor victory. I am attempting to conquer this - baby steps.  Wish me well! And keeping me in your prayers certainly won't hurt either.  ;) 

1 comment:

  1. I can definitely relate! Please be kind to yourself, you have suffered a crushing loss, and you are right, doing good and healthy things for yourself will make you feel better. It's all baby steps, as you said, and one foot in front of the other is enough some days. Maybe you need to change up your routine and try a different type of workout (did I hear someone say YOGA?) ;-) I am always wishing you well. Check out my blog when you get a chance...I am looking for encouragement to keep writing! Even if it kind of feels like shouting down an empty hallway. lol big hugs :-)

    ReplyDelete