Welcome to my blog!!

Welp, here goes.....not sure how I'll do at this but I'll give it a whirl! Hope you enjoy. "Yearning to be Average" has to do with my desire & goal to just be an average size person.

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Confession (no, not the Priestly type) lol

So I wasn't going to weigh in today.....I've had a rough few weeks or month.  Between going to Mass for Isaiah's tournament, going home to Ohio and being 'bloated and moody', I haven't been too confident in my workouts or weigh-ins.  I was going to push my weigh-in to next week - like Jerry said, it's not like I have a deadline to weigh-in, there's no absolute rule that I have to weigh in today. 

But then I got into my new workout routine of doing weights on Mondays, Weds., and Fri., and running on Tuesdays & Thursdays (and the weekends) and I noticed this past Monday that I felt REALLY good during & after my weight workout.  I already felt stronger, I didn't have a bad attitude about doing weights instead of running, I feel like something clicked.  Like hey, maybe Jerry does actually know what he's talking about!  lol

I did well again yesterday with my legs/back workout - and that was without Jerry being there -- he had to go to the firehouse.  I pushed myself, raised some of my weights when I needed and just had a great overall workout.  On Monday, when I did my arms workout, I had enough time that I was able to throw 10 minutes in on the elliptical as well.  Since yesterday was legs I didn't do elliptical so I could rest them; plus, I knew I'd be running today.

Soooo....needless to say, I went ahead & weighed in this morning and lost 3 pounds!  73 total, only 27 to my overall goal!  And probably 2 pounds until I officially and definitely weigh less than Jerry.  :)  I will confess though....if I hadn't lost, I probably would've pushed my weigh-in to next week.  Haha!  That wouldn't really be fair....but it's how I felt!  lol

Had a great run again this morning, ran for 40 minutes on the treadmill then did 8 on the elliptical.  Over 600 calories burned supposedly. 

As for my overall goals, I think it's safe to say I've reached one of them officially - to not have to shop in the plus size section or stores anymore.  I bought jeans last week that were in a 'normal' size (3 sizes down from my old ones) and bought a skirt in Ohio that was 4 sizes smaller than I used to wear.  I'm more excited about shopping now than I've ever been....but not excited about spending too much money - I'm stingy.  lol  I am going to shop for a new dress for a baby shower I'm going to in September so I can't wait to do that!  What a difference 10 months makes.  lol 


No comments:

Post a Comment