Welcome to my blog!!

Welp, here goes.....not sure how I'll do at this but I'll give it a whirl! Hope you enjoy. "Yearning to be Average" has to do with my desire & goal to just be an average size person.

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Struggles & Small Victories

My last weigh-in was April 7th, as I said in the last post.  During the next week period I had probably the roughest week I've had since I began this journey!  This time of year is the absolute craziest at work -- Easter and our Greek Festival is coming up!  It's always Mother's Day weekend -- it's one of my most favorite times but it's also the most stressful.  So much of the planning falls onto my shoulders, even if they at the church don't put the load there, I feel it by putting it there myself.  I want everything to go smoothly and it to be a success so badly.  It's also been a little stressful at home with Isaiah  playing on the middle school baseball team and his regular town team -- plus his regular town team is playing in 2 leagues this year!  Gah!  lol  I love every minute of it but it does take a toll after a while.

So needless to say, that week was a struggle.  I had more cravings than I've had in a lonnnnng time and my workouts seemed to be a struggle to even complete.  I missed days at the gym because of our weekend away, overslept one day, etc.  All in all it was just a tough time.  Because we're getting close to the Greek Festival, the older women at church are baking quite a bit and they are always giving me samples of the cookies/pastries.  That's dangerous!  I'm usually pretty good about turning them down, but one lady brought me a whole package of koulourakia (my favorite Greek cookie).   I think I had eaten 10 by the time I got home that day.  lol  Yikes!  But I did share them with Jerry & Isaiah and my friends at baseball so at least I didn't eat the whole package.

By the time my weigh-in day arrived (April 21st), I was bracing myself for the worst.  At that point I was hoping I just maintained, that I hadn't gained weight.  Surprisingly, I actually lost 2 more pounds! (53 total).  Who knew!  Haha.  So while it wasn't a higher amount lost, I was excited to have lost 2 pounds after the 2 weeks I had.  That was a victory. And that small victory gave me the push and motivation to keep it up and to have an even better workout that morning.  I feel a renewed energy and motivation now. I took yesterday (Friday) off because I know for the next 2 weeks I'll be able to hit the gym almost every day.   I went this morning and had a great workout -- did some interval training on the treadmill then hit the elliptical for 10 minutes.  480 calories in 42 minutes....not too shabby!

26 pounds to my next goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment