Welcome to my blog!!

Welp, here goes.....not sure how I'll do at this but I'll give it a whirl! Hope you enjoy. "Yearning to be Average" has to do with my desire & goal to just be an average size person.

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Lower Your Expectations

What?  Lower expectations?  That's normally not a great thing but today for me it was.  As I mentioned, I haven't done weights in quite a while.  So when I went to the gym this morning (yay - victory!) to do chest & shoulders, I told myself not to expect to be on par with where I was the last time I did weights. 

I went in with an open mind and did my best but also didn't try to kill myself.  Surprisingly, there were quite a few sets I was able to do the same weight as last time but maybe not quite as many reps.  And I know that will come with time. 

Some of the exercises (hanging shoulder raises), I was able to do the exact same -- I couldn't believe it! 

Shoulder press, which is probably my least favorite, was definitely the hardest but that's no surprise for me.  It's the hardest for me when I'm in the gym every day.  lol

What a great start to a rainy Saturday though.....now the other half of my struggles - to make sure I keep my eating in check today.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment